EMG208 – Post Impact Disaster Management
Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Part A – Project Definition (50%)
Part A requires you to define your Major Project and focuses on the post-impact phase of your selected emergency event as well as the hypothetical assessment that you will undertake.
You will be assessed on a clear and concise description of each of the following areas as they pertain to your Major Project – the post-impact phase analysis of your selected emergency event and the hypothetical assessment (Assignment 2). Mark weighting for each section is identified in parenthesis beside each section. A copy of the assignment marking sheet used for this assignment is contained at the end of this assignment guide.
• Project Aim (5%). Define the aim of your Major Project.
• Project Objectives (10%). Identify the objectives that you will set for your major project to achieve your Aim.
• Project Scope (10%). Describe the geographical, time, research and other parameters that you will set for your Major Project.
• Project Authority (5%). Identify the authority (or authorities) under which you will undertake the post-impact phase study of your selected event.
• Project Context (10%). Describe the context(s) that will influence your post-impact phase study.
• Project Relevant History (10%). Briefly describe the event that you have been studying in your earlier Emergency Operations Management subject (EMG206). This event should be the one you are studying in this subject also. Explain the relevant history pertaining to your selected event and similar events that have occurred in the past (if any).
Part B – Annotated Bibliography (40%)
By now, having already examined the pre-impact and impact phases of your selected emergency event, you will have amassed quite a bit of information on your event. Such information may be in the form of journal/magazine articles, newspaper reports, books, book chapters, papers, reports, on-line web pages/publications etc.
You must now develop an annotated bibliography for fifteen (15) of these references that relate to the topic areas requiring discussion in Assignment 2, due later in the session. These topic areas are:
• Search and rescue
• Triage and casualty care
• DVI and securing of evidence and coronial inquiry
• Critical incident stress management
• Community services
• Recovery and restoration
• Warning systems
• Legislation and regulation
• Emergency services
An Annotated Bibliography is an organised list of citations to books, book chapters, articles, papers, which describes the source in a short, descriptive paragraph or two.
An Annotated Bibliography can provide information regarding:
• The contents and form of the article, book, paper, etc.
• Suggest the sources usefulness to your research
• Evaluate its method, conclusions and reliability
• Record your reactions to the source.
An Annotated Bibliography:
• Enables the reader to decide how useful the source is
• Demonstrates the quality of the research
• Informs the reader of the accuracy and relevance of the research
In approximately half a page per reference you are required to specify:
• Bibliographic details
• The relationship between the reference article/publication and the discussion topics
• Strengths and weaknesses of the reference article/publication with relevance to your hypothetical examination.
Your annotated bibliography will assist you in a number of ways. These include:
• Identification of sources that you may wish to use and cite in support of your final hypothetical examination for Assignment 2.
• Identification of informational areas that are lacking with regard to the discussion topics.
• Identification of discussion topics where information is lacking and whether further information needs to be obtained.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now