Write a 3-5 page (double-spaced) paper that outlines your current position the following questions:
1) How important is the past, present, and future to personality and behavior?
2) How are oneâ€™s personality and behavior patterns developed, including abnormal personalities and behavior patterns?
3) How are personalities and behavior patterns changed?
4) How should psychologists go about studying their subject matter? (Note: I am looking for the method that students think should be used to study personality.)
5) How might your answers to these questions be reflected in your therapeutic, parenting, relational, or research approach and technique?
Summarize your own positions on these issues as best as you can. My aim is for you to create your own theory of personality that you can use in your practice, research, and life. Please use the 5 Tools to help you with this assignment (e.g., Where do you stand on each tool? Do you have a mainstream worldview or are you unconventional in some areas?). Do not worry if your positions seem inconsistent but note when you feel they are and why this might be the case. Give plenty of detail and support to your views of relevant (in your opinion) theorists and concepts from the vantage point of the end of the course (since that is when it is due). Explain the problems or weaknesses of your positions.
This paper is worth 50 points, but your positions themselves will not be graded. Grades are determined by the paperâ€™s organization, clarity, quality of support, evidence of an awareness of relevant theory construction issues, completeness (e.g., whether you thoughtfully answered all the questions) and writing quality (e.g., spelling, grammar). Use 1â€ margins, Times New Roman, 12-pt font.