In this project, you will need to find, review, and summarize five different reputable sources concerning a topic related to the last 400 years in Western Civilization. You may choose any topic related to the coursework that you like, but careful selection that is neither too large nor too focused is suggested in order to ensure that your summaries can effectively discuss the topic and so that five qualified sources are available.
Your five sources need to fit the following criteria:
· At least one primary source: a document, object, or other material directly related to the topic and time. This should be a document that provides a first-hand account of your topic without previous knowledge of the event. Examples may include newspapers, diaries, letters, film, records, or speeches.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· At least one current, relevant article: an article published in a reputable periodical within the last five years.
· At least one peer-reviewed article: an article from a respected publication put out by universities, historical societies, or another academic entity that has clearly identified the credentials of the author, reviewer, and publisher.
· At least one published book: This can be in electronic or print form and from any time; be sure to research the publisher, author, and year as that may influence bias.
· The duplicated medium needs to provide an opposite perspective than the other selection in that medium and cannot be found in the same publication or brand as any of the four other selections.
Do not submit more than five sources; only the first five sources listed will be considered.
If you have questions, please email your professor for assistance. As always, you may also seek out the guidance of the Success Center; the writing specialists can assist you with your writing and comprehension. To submit a Writing Center Request form, log in to the myCSU Student Portal. On your page, you will see My Courses. Next to your active course, Click on ~Actions. A drop down will appear, and you can select Writing Center Request.
The purpose of an annotated bibliography is to summarize the sources that you have gathered to support a research proposal project. These summaries help you to think about the complex arguments presented in your sources and the massive information therein in terms of short, digestible articulations.
For this project, you will be submitting a version of your annotated bibliography in three successive units: Unit III, Unit VI, and the final version in Unit VIII. Professor feedback will be provided after each submission, and you will be expected to incorporate that feedback into the next version you submit.
The submission in Unit III has the following requirements:
· Your chosen topic statement/intention related to the last 400 years in Western Civilization.
· Five selected reputable sources in 6th edition APA format (as outlined below) You are not required to submit annotations in Unit III. This will occur in Unit VI.
The following conventions are expected to be followed throughout your project. Click here to view the annotated bibliography example for guidance:
· The entries should be ordered in alphabetical order according to the first substantive word in the reference list citation.
· The entire annotated bibliography should be double-spaced with no additional spaces between entries.
· No reference list should be included with the annotated bibliography as the entries themselves will contain the reference list citation information.
· The first line of each reference list citation should be flush left with the left-hand margin (no indentation), and the second and proceeding lines should be indented 0.5″ from the left-hand margin (hanging indent of one-half inch).
If you are having trouble finding resources or distinguishing between what are and are not allowable publications, consult your professor or the CSU Online Library (The purpose of the annotated bibliography example is to help you with the formatting of the annotated bibliography, which can be confusing. Use the document formatting as a guide. If further assistance is needed, contact the Success Center or your professor.
Information about accessing the Blackboard Grading Rubric for this assignment is provided below