International and Humanitarian Disaster Management.
Week 7 – Public Health Tools: Epidemiological Studies, Surveillance, and Monitoring
This is a short video that provides a nice over of epidemiological studies.
Another short video on public health surveillance.
Kapur and Smith â€“ Chapter 9 Epidemiological Studies, Chapter 10 Surveillance and Monitoring
Discussion Bored Questions
1. Evidence is a key component in identifying trends and changing practice especially in the public health field. Choose a public health topic that you are especially passionate about. (e.g. water and sanitation, vaccinations, infectious disease, etc.) Discuss how studies/research support your views (for or against).
2. Choose a recent international or humanitarian disaster.What public health issues were associated with this incident? How would you manage these issues?
– APA Style
– Kindly, answer all discussion questions clearly and completely.
– Use your thoughts on answer.
– It is not enough to simply quote others work. I am interested in reading your thoughts on the topic.
– 3 references at least.
– Examples of answers (attached).