CIS 500 Assignment 2 4G Wireless Networks
Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Assignment 2: 4G Wireless Networks
Due Week 4 and worth 75 points The following resources may be helpful when completing this assignment.
• 3GPP Specification Detail. (n.d.). General format. Retrievable here. http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/specs/html-info/23002.htm%20http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/specs/html-info/23002.htm%20
• WiMax Forum. (2012). General format. Retrievable here.
The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) developed the 3GPP Long-Term Evolution (LTE) standard for wireless communications technology. It is regarded as an evolution of the Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM), the Universal Mobile Telecommunications Systems (UMTS), and other standards. It is also known as the 4G LTE. The competition among the carriers to support 4G LTE networks has been very fierce as evidenced by TV commercials targeting smartphone users. Many smartphones run on 3G networks.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast 3G wireless networks to 4G networks in terms of:
2. Services and application
3. Network architecture
4. Data throughput
5. User perceptions
6. Distinguish between the 4G LTE, 4G WiMax, and 4G WiBro networks based on:
7. Upload and download speeds
8. User perceptions
9. Backward compatibility
10. Service availability
11. Identify why the competition between the 4G LTE carriers has been so fierce and describe the benefits of this competition to the subscribers.
12. In January 2012, Verizon stated that 4G LTE is available in 190 cities covering 200 million American subscribers. According to AT&T’s Website, they had plans for covering 20 million Americans in 15 markets by end of 2011. Conclude why Verizon is able to cover more markets than AT&T.
13. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may use the resources above or others of your choosing.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Compare and contrast the strategic and operational use of data management systems.
• Describe the use of network management, Web, wireless, and mobility technologies.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
• Write clearly and concisely about topics related to information systems for decision making using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.