CMIT 454 Final Paper
Course Final Project Paper You have been hired by Evil Corp. Unlimited (ECU) to provide a proposal on how they can best address the growing number of security concerns and network growth they are experiencing in their Cisco-only enterprise network environment. ECU is a growing corporation with 150 employees, a Headquarters Office (HQ), and a single Remote Office (RO) facility. Your task will be to evaluate the ECU network environment and then to compose a proposal paper in which you will articulate your recommendations to help them secure their Cisco network. Here is a high-level diagram of the current ECU network:
In response to your initial security questionnaire, on which you will base the writing of your proposal, ECU has responded with the following feedback:
• ECU currently using Type 7 passwords for all network administration accounts, the console and VTY lines, and the enable password
• ECU has no logging configured on any of their network devices • ECU is accessing all the devices via TELNET • All network administration accounts are local accounts and are configured with privilege
level 15 • IOS files on the routers and switches are constantly being removed accidentally by junior
network administrators practicing for their CCNA exam • ECU is currently finding out about network outages from customers not having access to
the corporate web site • ECU is using OSPF for their IGP. Every router has the following statement configured
for OSPF to be enabled: network 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 area 0 and no authentication is in use • ECU uses BGP for their Internet peering with Verizon and only has a single neighbor
statement and a single network statement configured. • The ECU firewall has ‘any any’ rules in both the INBOUND and OUTBOUND direction • There is a need to provide additional security on the DMZ router to inspect packets and to
provide firewall functionality • All access layer switches, with the exception of VLANs and access ports being created,
have all the default settings in both the global configuration and on host ports • ECU has no security policy of any kind because they are too busy dealing with security
breaches and will need a comprehensive security policy provided as part of this proposal • There is no remote access from the RO, but RO users need access to HQ resources in a
secure fashion • All routers and switches at the HQ location are located in the company kitchen area • The company only needs to allow inbound 80 and 443 for access to its web servers. • DHCP is being used for all corporate users, but the only configuration that has been
accomplished has been the DHCP pools on the routers • All Spanning Tree settings are the Cisco defaults • The company currently allows everything outbound and would like some guidance • Remote ECU employees have no way to access corporate resources and need this issue
Your task for the Course Final Project Paper is to produce a proposal for ECU with your solution to the aforementioned challenges in their environment. At a minimum your proposal needs to meet the following criteria:
• A title page • A “running head” • An abstract (150 words or less) • A table of contents • A reference section
• Remember to use double-spacing (including references), a 1″ margin on all sides, and the Times New Roman 12-point font
• The title page, abstract, references, and all tables and figures/network diagrams should be on their own individual pages and the length of your paper should be between 7-10 pages inclusive of the title page, abstract, references, and all tables.
• Carefully write your proposal so paragraphs naturally flow from one to the other • Remember that your paper is being evaluated based on:
o How well you use the course literature in designing and carrying out your proposal
o The logic, justification for, and structure of your proposal o How realistic what you propose is (could it actually be implemented) o How creative your solution is given the topology o The likelihood that your proposal would really have an impact/resolve their issues o Ways in which you will insure the proposal will be carried out as planned o Your ability to evaluate the effectiveness of the proposal once implemented o The references — relevance, quality, and appropriate usage; and, o Writing quality and overall presentation o There should NOT be a single IOS CLI command in your paper!
The rubric for your Course Final Project Paper can be seen below:
The post CMIT 454 Final Paper appeared first on graduatepaperhelp.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.