Ch. 7 Language Development
Study Questions: Write responses to each of the following questions. Write the responses in your own words, do not copy and paste from your textbook, or another source. Cite a reference for the information provided for each question. Include a reference list.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Responses to questions are accurate. – 5 points
· Each question has a reference citation in APA format; reference list is included/accurate. – 2 points.
· Responses are written in student’s voice. – 3 points.
1. Define and give a specific example of:
2. What is infant directed speech? How can parents and others who work with infants use infant directed speech to encourage language development in very young children?
3. Parents are often concerned about whether their child’s language development is on schedule. What are 2 indicators, according to Anne Dunlea, that an infant is probably developing normally?
4. Define and give a specific example of:
5. Describe the 3 views of language acquisition.
6. What role does poverty play in the development of language?
7. Describe the two approaches to bilingual education. What are 2 advantages of bilingualism for children?