Family Health Assessment
Select a family to complete a family health assessment. (The family cannot be your own.)
Before interviewing the family, develop three open-ended, family-focused questions for each of the following health patterns:
Values, Health Perception
NOTE: Your list of questions must be submitted with your assignment as an attachment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
After interviewing the family, compile the data and analyze the responses.
In 1,000-1,250 words, summarize the findings for each functional health pattern for the family you have selected.
Identify two or more wellness nursing diagnoses based on your family assessment. Wellness and family nursing diagnoses are different than standard nursing diagnoses. A list of wellness and family nursing diagnoses, from J. R. Weber’s Nurses Handbook of Health Assessment (5th ed.), can be found at the following link
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide,
Interview Questions for family health assessment
Values, health perceptions
1. Describe the values that you honor as a family?
2. Does your family have a history of health complications?
3. What health issues the family members have? Have there been any actions taken? If yes, were they successful or not?
1. Do you eat healthy meals?
2. Do you prefer cooking your own meals or eating outside?
3. Did you face any problems in accessing healthy nutrition?
1. How many hours do you usually sleep?
2. What time do you go to bed and wake up?
3. How cozy is your sleeping area?
1. How often do you exercise?
2. What kind of exercises do you prefer?
3. Do you exercise at home or you have a membership in fitness club?
1. How will you rate your IQ?
2. Do you take IQ tests?
3. Do you participate in cognitive activities, and how often?
1. Would you consider all your senses fully functioning?
2. How do you tell?
3. Do you have any problems in any of your senses?
1. What are your most important values?
2. Would you describe yourself as an optimist or pessimist?
3. Where do you see yourself in five years?
1. How many friends do you have?
2. How often do you meet with your friends?
3. Is there anything special that helps you to maintain relationship?
1. How many children do you have and what is their gender?
2. Do your children relate well to their friends of opposite sexes?
3. How often do you discuss sexuality with children?
1. Have your family faced any serious problems?
2. How did you tell about that to the rest of the family members?
3. Was the problem solved, and how did you cope with that?