This week you have read about several areas of financing as it relates to the health care system and some health care retail areas that may be of interests. For this assignment, put yourself in a nurse manager, director of nursing, Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), or business owner role. Discuss three or more business principles as discussed in the Greg Fisher Power Point-in the learning activities (in your own words) which are needed to maintain safe, quality, patient-centered care that is fiscally sound, provide supportive data. In your discussion consider:
Greg Fisher is a lecturer at the University of Washington. In this PowerPoint he discusses the top ten business principles. This presentation will help you with your discussion boards and ICP. Click here to access the presentation.
- Why have you selected the business principles?
- Are the business principles used at your current facility?
- If you feel that they are, give supportive examples. ( I work in obstetrics as labor and delivery RN/ Project Coordinator. I work closely with our unit manager and director).
- If you feel they are not give examples of how they could be implemented.
- Why are those specific principles important in health care?
- Why are those specific principles important to you?
Must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples of your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
Textbook for this course:
Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health Care,Elsevier Saunders, 2015, 7th edition
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)