Module 13 HW – ITI
Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Chapter 13 (Review Question): 2, 4, 8, 10, 12, 13
2. What benefits are associated with centralized governance of IT resources, and how do these differ from those associated with decentralized governance?
4. What practices help ensure that the costs of providing an IT service are aligned with the needs of business managers?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
8. What are some of the key concerns associated with managing an IS organization’s personnel?
10. What is a balanced scorecard approach, and why might it be useful for measuring overall IS performance?
12. What are some of the potential benefits from outsourcing arrangements that need to be carefully assessed?
13. What are some special issues associated with managing an offshore outsourcing arrangement?
Chapter 13 (Discussion Question): 1, 6, 10, 11
1. What mixture of education, skills, and experiences might be considered when an organization chooses an executive to fill a chief information officer (CIO) position? Why might the importance of these characteristics not always be the same?
6. Some chargeback systems can lead to negative “tensions” between IS and business leaders. Why do you think this happens, and what might an IS leader do to alleviate them?
10. Research some ads for IT professionals in a company and/or geographic location that you would like to work in.
Which types of jobs would you be the most interested in, and why?
11. Develop a list of pros and cons for an IS leader to consider when deciding whether or not to outsource (a) its computer and network operations (e.g., data center, networks, helpdesk) and (b) a large software development project. What are the differences (if any) between your two lists, and why?