What are the physicians trying to accomplish through buying the same EHR product at their hospital? What are the pros and cons? 2. Why are the physicians not able to send a medication order to the hospital from their e-prescribing device?
Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Unit 2 Assignment
Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Evaluate the technologies that support and supplement EHRs.
· Discuss EHR system challenges and the supporting roles of HIM professionals in addressing these challenges.
· Develop an appreciation for the planning and implementation aspects of EHRs.
· Provide examples of EHR systems as they may be implemented in various types of health care settings.
· Evaluate the acceptance and challenges associated with the NHIN (National Health Information Network).
Course outcome assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
HI300-1: Describe the phases and activities in the systems development life cycle.
Read the Real World Case (at the end of Chapter 16) and answer the following questions using the knowledge you gained from the chapter. Your responses should be written in paragraph format:
1. What are the physicians trying to accomplish through buying the same EHR product at their hospital? What are the pros and cons?
2. Why are the physicians not able to send a medication order to the hospital from their e-prescribing device?
3. What is the difference between scanning, COLD feeding, and point-of-care (POC) data entry?
4. How could the hospital improve upon its data quality?
5. Consider the real world case study and what the physicians are trying to accomplish by purchasing these products. When you think about the system development life cycle, use what you learned in Unit 1 to determine how this could help in accomplishing the goals associated with this case study.