Students should reflect on the Discussion Topic from Module Three and their experiences with the negotiating process. Include the following details in your response:
- A copy of the agreed-upon collective bargaining agreement section on employee safety (posted in the Discussion Topic)
- A one-page personal account of the negotiating process. This account needs to include:
- A summary of the key challenges or points of friction.
- An analysis of the strength of the other positions – were their positions weak and not supported well, or just the opposite?
- A short review of interest-based bargaining and distributive bargaining methods and a summary of which one works best in this situation.
- Reflect on the role of the instructor as a mediator or arbitrator. Was it helpful to have someone in this role or did it create additional challenges?
- A conclusion about the outcome – did it favor one side or the other?
- Overview: In task 3-1, students will participate in a group discussion to simulate negotiating an actual collective bargaining agreement. The purpose of this discussion topic is for students to have the opportunity to role-play an actual negotiation session with the goal of developing a collective bargaining agreement. The specific topic to be negotiated is related to employee safety. In this topic, the instructor will divide students into two groups. One group will represent management and the other group will represent labor. Note: The groups will be switched in Module Five for a similar activity to give students a chance to represent each side. The instructor has provided a rough framework of a collective bargaining agreement in the resources section for Module Three that provides some level of detail on how the agreement is currently worded. This will serve as the starting point for your negotiations. Students are expected to research the topic and determine the best way to craft the language in the agreement to favor their position. The students should use the Discussion Topic as a negotiating platform and create a dialogue with the opposing side to come to an agreement on the specific language required in the agreement. If both sides cannot agree by the end of the module, the instructor will act in the role of mediator/arbitrator and will decide on the final language, which all parties must accept. In this event, the instructor will post the final agreement/document in the topic by midnight on Tuesday of the following module. In task 4-2, students will be required to provide the following as the deliverable: A copy of the agreed-upon collective bargaining agreement section on employee safety (posted in the Discussion Topic) A one-page personal account of the negotiating process. This account needs to include: A summary of the key challenges or points of friction. An analysis of the strength of the other positions—were their positions weak and not well supported, or just the opposite? A short review of interest-based bargaining and distributive bargaining methods and a summary of which one works best in this situation. Reflect on the role of the instructor as a mediator or arbitrator. Was it helpful to have someone in this role or did it create additional challenges? A conclusion about the outcome—did it favor one side or the other? The short paper milestone will be submitted in Module Four. Feedback should be applied to the follow-on milestone and the final project. Requirements of submission:
Written components of projects must follow these formatting guidelines when applicable: double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, and discipline-appropriate citations.
Original work only.. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING \ Follow the instructions carefully..
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now