RN ATI Capstone Content Review: Pharmacology Post-Assessment Focused, Individualized Review Assignment
1. What are anticholinergic adverse effects and what are nursing interventions/client education points related to these?
2. An oncology client has been prescribed fluorouracil (Adrucil) therapy. What is a potential adverse effect of this medication and nursing interventions to monitor for this effect?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
3. A client with adrenocortical insufficiency (Addison’s disease) has been prescribed fludrocortisone (Florinef). What is an adverse effect of this medication and nursing interventions to monitor for this effect?
4. A client has been prescribed timolol (Timoptic). What are three (3) possible adverse effects of this medication and nursing interventions/client education related to these effects?
5. A nurse is placing an IV line on an older adult client. List three (3) considerations the nurse should take when placing an IV line in this client?
6. A nurse has an order to administered mannitol (Osmitrol) to a critical care client. What should the nurse expect following mannitol administration?
7. A nurse is preparing to administer a client’s 0900 oral medications. The hospital uses a unit-dose system. What action should the nurse take to ensure the right medication is administered to the client?
8. A nurse is preparing to administer codeine cough syrup to a client. What are three (3) contraindications for this medication?
9. A nurse is preparing to administer acetylcysteine (Mucomyst). What are indications for therapy?