Format: This is an essay to be written in APA style based on course APA Minimum Expectations. Essays must be structurally intact with appropriate grammar, sentence and paragraph composition, spelling, punctuation, and logical, clear essay development (including introduction and conclusion).
Begin the paper by introducing yourself to me, the reader, with such information as prelicensure background, years out of school, reasons for returning to school, current nursing practice specialty, and future plans. This journal is due as indicated on the course calendar. Paper length approximately 2-3 pages, excluding cover and reference pages. References are optional.
Content: Address the following topics as you begin to think about yourself as a nurse and about being a member of this profession. You may, of course, include additional topics you feel are important to your personal philosophy:
1. About you: Influential experiences, individuals, and/or values that influenced your thoughts and views about nursing. What led you to nursing? Include your “why” here. Type of learner: How do you LEARN/PROCESS INFORMATION the best?
a. Professional goals. Where do you see yourself in five years? 10 years?
b. Current social or political issues of most interest to you professionally
2. Meaning of “health” and “illness” to you.
3. Recipients of care: Do you feel it is a right or privilege?
4. Roles of professional nursing in health care, and roles that are not within nursing’s realm.
5. Ideal qualifications to be a professional nurse
6. Future of the profession
7. Provide an example how nursing’s past affects its present and future.
8. Other information you wish to include
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.