Develop a chart that lists theo characteristics of congenital heart defects, blood disorders, asthma, cystic fibrosis, insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, chronic renal failure, childhood cancer, and congenital and acquired infectious diseases.
Then, with your CLC group, choose one major health impairment or infectious disease (Epilepsy) and create a 5-10 slide PowerPoint.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Media link
- Include at least two websites for more information on the major health impairment or infectious disease selected
- Three relevant resources for teaching students with the selected major health impairment or infectious disease, including citations
Address the following within the presentation:
- Name at least three physical and academic difficulties associated with the chosen impairment or disease
- Treatments and medical therapies safe to perform within the school setting
- Issues with receptive and expressive language
- Visual-motor integration
- Collaboration among school staff to meet the needs of the student
- Precautions that must be taken in the classroom to ensure students’ needs are met