Positive social change initiatives can take many forms: small or large, local or global, and low- or high-cost. Certain organizations can meet certain challenges better than others. By using analytical tools such as a SWOT analysis, organizations can better discover how to put their resources to best use. HR professionals can help facilitate the process of interpreting analyses and implementing positive social change initiatives within organizations.
In this Assignment, you will respond to a set of questions on describing what positive social change is, how it can impact society, the role of a SWOT analysis, how a SWOT analysis can be used to create positive social change, and how HR professionals can assist organizations in implementing positive social change initiatives.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this weekâ€™s Learning Resources.
- Refer to the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses as you compose your Assignment.
By Day 7
Submit your responses to the following prompts.
- In your own words, define positive social change, and describe how a business can incorporate positive social change into its mission to impact society. (75â€“150 words, or 1â€“2 paragraphs)
- Describe the role of HR in supporting (and/or leading) positive social change within an organization, as well as the impact of those efforts on an organizationâ€™s workforce, organizational culture, and surrounding community. In your response, include at least three examples of positive social change that you have read about or experienced within an organization. (225â€“300 words, or 3â€“4 paragraphs)
- Explain the role of a SWOT analysis for an organization. Then explain how an organization could use a SWOT analysis to create positive social change, both internally and externally. (150â€“225 words, or 2â€“3 paragraphs)
- If you were an HR consultant to an organization, what steps might you recommend an organization take to implement a positive social change initiative? Be specific and use relevant examples to support your response. (150â€“225 words, or 2â€“3 paragraphs)