Grading Criteria: Critique and Analysis of a Theory Useful in Family Nursing Paper (Learning Team Assignment) • Research and analyze Roy’s Adaption Model; annotated bibliography attached to be used for references (please use 2 references to complete highlighted section and please list references used on a reference sheet)
NUR/542 Week 5 LT assignment
Grading Criteria: Critique and Analysis of a Theory Useful in Family Nursing Paper (Learning Team Assignment)
• Research and analyze Roy’s Adaption Model; annotated bibliography attached to be used for references (please use 2 references to complete highlighted section and please list references used on a reference sheet)
• Please place the question first and then the response below the question. Requirement is 2 current scholarly peer reviewed references for each question; each reference is to have a corresponding in-text citation, APA formatting and information that supports the discussion and a minimum of 275-350 words each question (this is excluding the references). Absolutely no more than 0-5% of each response is to be cited. Be sure to include the essential APA elements per the 6th Edition (do not use you first person, third person, or past tense). Please make sure verbs and nouns agree with each other. In addition, make sure you provide a reference with a page or para number after a direct quote.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
o Here is an example of APA formatting:
There are three types of qualitative designs ethnography, phenomenology, and grounded theory. The design type that would best fit at my facility is that of phenomenology. This type of design seeks to examine peoples’ life experience and the essence of the phenomena (Polit & Beck, 2012). My facility is a busy level one-trauma center in Phoenix, which serves acutely ill patients, and their families in traumatic life events. An example of how this design type would research the phenomena in this facility is to examine the experience of patient’s family in the care of patients in traumatic arrest while in the emergency department. In a recent study by Hung and Pang (2011), a phenomenological approach was used to examine the experiences of family members’ presence during resuscitation in an emergency department in Hong Kong. The aim was to observe their experiences in this crisis dealing with their loved ones.
Hung, M. Y., & Pang, S. C. (2011). Family presence preference when patients are receiving resuscitation in an accident and emergency department. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 67(1), 56-67
Polit, D. F., & Beck, C. T. (2012). Nursing research: Generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice (9th ed.). Retrieved from University of Phoenix
• References must be academic, peer-reviewed sources, United States based, and within the last five years. Cliffs Notes, Wikipedia, about.com, eHow.com commercial sites, and blogs are not acceptable sources to be used as primary references. Examples of credible web sources include The Joint Commission, American Hospital Association, and the National League for Nursing.
13 points possible Points available Points earned
• Identify the theory or framework with the history and author of the theory.
• Describe major concepts from the theory or framework.
• Discuss the theory’s assumptions about family and nursing. 3
• Discuss your rationale for selection of the theory or framework:
o Support for theory or framework from the literature with evidence of use in family nursing
o Describe how it can be used to guide the nursing process 2
• Describe the process of family assessment using the theoretical model. 2
• Critique the framework for:
o Applicability, feasibility, and use in advanced practice nursing
o Applicability to culturally diverse families
o Potential to generate a research base for advanced practice nursing
• Discuss at least two strengths and two weaknesses of the theory for use in family nursing practice. 4
• Present at least one research article and related research questions or hypotheses that have used this theory to guide the research. Briefly describe the study purpose, methods, and results.
• Present ideas for future research needed to continue development of this theory or for use of it in family nursing practice. 2
1 points possible Points available Points earned
• Follows rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation
• Has a structure that is clear, logical, and easy to follow
• Consistent with APA guidelines for formatting and citation of outside works
• A minimum of 5 references are used
• Do not exceed 10 pages, excluding title and reference pages 1
Critique the framework for:
• Applicability, feasibility, and use in advanced practice nursing
• Applicability to culturally diverse families
• Potential to generate a research base for advanced practice nursing
Discuss at least two strengths and two weaknesses of the theory for use in family nursing practice.