Week 5 – Final Paper
For the Final Paper use the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) as the main organization to critically analyze and provide suggested improvements steps/actions based on what you have learned in this course to help the company achieve performance excellence. Use the Xerox case study that can be found in the textbook as a sample. Also, refer to the Healthcareâ€™s Horizon article found through:
- http://asq.org/pub/sixsigma/past/vol2_issue2/stahl.pdf (Links to an external site.)
Please create a critical analysis through answering the following:
- The Total Quality Management methodologies or practices that the organization uses or plans to use to align performance excellence with its business objectives,
- Knowledge of Total Quality Management marketing that focuses on meeting customersâ€™ needs and practices to help build a customer-focused culture.
- Evaluate techniques to enhance design of work processes, process control, and process improvement,
- Examine tools and techniques that support Six Sigma philosophy, quality in product design, process design, and/or statistical process control (SPC) for monitoring either the companyâ€™s service processes. Illustrate by using at least two relevant charts or figures in describing the tools and techniques.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Submit the assignment as an MS Word document.
- Must be 2,400 â€“ 3,500 words (excluding title page and references page) in length, double-spaced and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Contextual (Level One) headings must be used to organize your paper and your thoughts. Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must utilize at least four scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style