Assignment 2: Exploring the Machine 2
Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
In this assignment, you will explore a computer (i.e., a Windows PC or a Mac computer). Specifically, you will view the system’s general information, create a folder on the desktop of the computer, and explore processes that are actively running. Because operating systems behave differently, you are encouraged to use the textbook and Internet to research the appropriate completion of each task.
Note: If you are using a PC computer which runs an instance of Microsoft Windows, complete Assignment 2A. If you are using a Mac, complete Assignment 2B. Do NOT complete both.
• Submit all files and written responses at the same time as one (1) complete submission.
• Screenshot File Submission: You must submit the screenshot file(s) using the provided Assignment Submission Attach File function located in the Blackboard online course shell. To access Assignment Submission Attach File function, you must select the Assignment submission link located in Week 2 of the online course shell. Note:If you need a tutorial on taking a screen shot, visit one of the following locations: PC UsersMAC Users
• Written Submission: You must submit written responses in the provided assignment submission text box located in the Blackboard online course shell. To access the assignment submission text box, you must select the Assignment submission link located in Week 2 of the online course shell.
Assignment 2A: (For students using a PC)
You may find these article(s) / video(s) helpful.
• “How do I take a screenshot?”
• “Introduction to Windows 7 Task Manager”
• “First Look At The Task Manager In Windows 8”
Complete the following:
1. Viewing system information (Screenshot and written response required)
1. View the system information (i.e., operating system, processor, memory) of the computer. (Help: From the Control Panel, select System and Security, and then select System; This navigation may vary depending on the version of Windows that you are currently using.)
2. List the computer’s operating system, version of operating system, processor, and total memory (RAM) installed.
3. Take a screenshot displaying the system information as evidence of completion. Save the screenshot using an image file format (e.g., .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .bmp). Name the screenshot file using your full name followed by the word ‘System’ (e.g. JohnDoeSystem.png).
4. Submit the file and written response according to the submission instructions.
2. Exploring the Task Manager (Screenshot required)
1. Locate and view the Windows Task Manager on the computer. (Help: Commonly, you may open the Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar, and then clicking ‘Start Task Manager’; Or, by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Delete; This navigation may vary depending on the version of Windows that you are currently using.)
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now