Access the Neighborhood website.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Read the following character scenarios and articles in the “Neighborhood News” for Season 3:
1. Click Season 3 from the Season menu at the top of the course home page.
2. Click on Young Household under the Households menu and read the following character scenarios:
• Angie Young (Episodes 5, 6, and 7)
• Marcus Young (Episodes 5, 6, and 7)
• Angie Young (Episodes 9, 10, and 11)
3. Click Neighborhood News under the Neighborhood Information menu and read the following article:
• “Bumping up safety” (Episode 11)
4. Click Young Household under the Households menu and read the following character scenario:
• Angie Young (Episode 13)
5. Click Neighborhood News under the Neighborhood Information menu and read the following article:
• “Safety crusader met with mixed reception” (Episode 13)
Prepare to participate in a small group discussion regarding these scenarios and the legislative processes related to public safety and public health.
Discuss the following questions:
• Do you think this scenario represents a public safety or public health issue?
• How does this scenario exemplify how the legislative process influences public health?
• Do you think that the Neighborhood Council should have acted in a different manner on this issue? Explain why or why not.
• What might Angie Young and proponents of the speed bumps have done differently to receive a more favorable response from the Neighborhood Council?
• What options for political influence might a person pursue in an effort to change public health policy?