Discuss how privilege is related to the social structure?
The idea of privilege (including concepts such as White privilege, Male privilege, Able bodied privilege, thin privilege, heterosexual privilege etc.) tends to be one of the concepts that gets the most push-back, particularly from members of dominant groups. While most people are fairly on board with ideas of discrimination and poor treatment of minority groups, they have a much harder time seeing the advantages that come for simply being part of a majority group.
One of the reasons privileges is such a difficult topic is because we tend to see it manifest at the micro or individual level- because of this people tend to think they are being personally chided when they are told that they have privilege. However, privilege is actually a larger social structural issue.
Make sure you answer all questions and use only class resources. All resources must be followed by in-text-citation and references for full point.
Watch the examples below and read these articles
White privilege unpacking the invisible knapsack
· Openstax introduction to Sociology chapter 11-Introduction to Race and Ethinicity
· Openstax introduction to Sociology chapter 12- Introduction to Gender, Sex and Sexuality
· The Asset Value of Whiteness: understanding the racial wealth gap
· Crash course sociology #34
· Crash course sociology #35
· Social construction of gender (week 5 lecture 2)
· Crash Course Sociology #31
The post Discuss how privilege is related to the social structure? appeared first on graduatepaperhelp.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.