Theories are patterns that guide the thinking about, being, and doing of nursing. Theories provide structure to nursing practice and
research. Theories guide nursing practice, stimulate creative thinking, facilitate communication, and at the same time clarify purposes.
A metaparadigm is a global concept of a disciple that identifies the primary phenomena of interest to that discipline. In nursing, the
dominate phenomena within the science of nursing revolves around the concepts of man.
For this assignment develop a scholarly paper that includes the following criteria:
2. Define theory and the purpose of theory.
3. Define and discuss the nursing metaparadigm.
a. Explain each of the four concepts that comprise the nursing metaparadigm
4. Explain the importance of theory in nursing practice.
a. provide and discuss two examples from current practice
5. The scholarly paper should be 4-5 pages excluding the title and reference pages.
6. Include level 1 and level 2 headings.
7. The paper should begin with an introductory paragraph that includes the purpose statement. The introductory paragraph and
purpose statement allow the reader to understand what the paper/assignment is going to address.
8. The paper should include a conclusion.
9. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’).
10. Include a minimum of three references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals (review in Ulrich Periodical
Directory) to support the paper.
***You may use historical references. (Definition of historical reference: reference to a
well-known person, place event or literary work that adds meaning to the paper.)
11. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.