- Select four advertisements to support your work on the projects throughout this course. You can either choose all four from the Advertisement Examples provided or include up to four ads that you find yourself. Guidance for selecting your own ads is included at the end of the Advertisement Examples handout. Your selected ads may be print, video, or radio. Either way, you should choose a total of four ads. If you include your own ads, be sure that they display interactions between people or convey ways that the product or service advertised will impact or influence people.
- Your instructor will review your submissions and will ask you to resubmit any ads that do not meet this criterion. You may revise and resubmit your advertisement selection as many times as needed before the end of this theme to gain full credit for this assignment.
- Enter your four ad selections. If you are choosing ads that are not on the provided list, enter the URL for the ad or for an image that depicts the ad.
- This assignment will help you prepare your work for your first major project. You can review the details of this project by accessing the Project 1 Comparison Template Guidelines and Rubric document.
- You will be using these advertisement selections in later assignments.
For this activity, you will start working on your comparison template. The final comparison template is not due until learning block 2-4. In this assignment, get started on your template and fill out the template for questions 1-5 for at least two of your selected ads. Make at least two comparison statements in row 4 and answer both prompts in row 5. You will work to complete the template for all of your ads in learning block 2-4. Submit your work to your instructor for feedback. Use the Comparison Template for this draft and review the Comparison Template Exemplar for guidance on how to fill out the template.
To complete this assignment, review the Comparison Template Draft Rubric document.