Answer the question below base on the book https://reefimages.com/?page=oceansci
Ps : you will find the answer easily if you look at the book
What is science?
- Â· Describe the scientific process using hypothesis, experiment, evidence, theory.
- Â· Compare the difference between scientific theories and non-scientific ideas.
- Â· Provide two specific examples of how new evidence can alter or refute previously held theories. Be sure to identify the new pieces of evidence.
Maps, Charts, and Graphs
- Â· Define longitude and latitude
- Â· Define GPS coordinates.
- Â· Locate the five major oceans and seven continents on the globe.
- Â· Explain how the shape of a water molecule: a) makes ice float; b) gives it a high boiling point c) allows it to dissolve ionic compounds (salts).
- Â· Calculate the amount of energy required to raise 500 mL of water by 75oC.
- Â· Define density.
- Explain how the density of water changes with temperature.
- Â· Explain how the density of water changes with salinity (dissolved salts).
- Â· List the most 6 abundant elements or ions that are dissolved in water.
- Â· Define salinity and describe the processes that affect salinity in the surface ocean.
- Â· Describe how seawater temperature changes with latitude and with depth.
- Â· Explain what is responsible for the changes.
Earth as a System
- Â· Describe the major reservoirs and fluxes of the water cycle.