Assignment 1: Error Handling in an Activity Diagram
Due Week 2 and worth 150 points
Refer to the activity diagram Figure 2-15 on page 59 of the textbook. The diagram omits several error-handling pathways.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Using Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia, update the diagram to include two (2) error-handling pathways. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included within the required page length.
- Produce a narrative which describes the added error-handling pathways that includes:
- an overview of the errors being checked
- an explanation of the main reasons why checking for such errors is important
- an overview of other possible errors
- Use at least three (3) quality resources outside of the suggested resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze techniques for requirements determination, collection, and organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in systems analysis and design.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced systems analysis and design topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
photo.JPG ( this is the diagram figure 2-15 on page 59 of the textbook)