WEEK ONE INDIVIDUAL ASSINGMENT
Title: Project Estimating Technique
Description: In this assignment, students will review and demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of project cost estimating techniques
- Reviewã€€Ch. 7 of theã€€PMBOKÂ®ã€€Guideã€€and the Week 1 ERR articles located under the “Project Estimation,” “Project Scope,” and “Project Risk Analysis” topic headers.
- Writeã€€a 350- to 700-word paper that briefly describes each of the project cost estimating techniques. Include the following:
- Explain when each cost estimating technique would be used.
- Explain how each cost estimating technique is used.
- Provide sources of information needed to determine the most appropriate technique for a project.
- Explain what tools you could use to justify your estimates.
Reference requirement(s): ã€€
- Assignment must include direct quotations from course texts and may include direct quotes and paraphrases from any acceptable sources as prescribed in Mahoney’s Instructor’s Policies.ã€€(Note: Only the eBooks contained in the Learning Activities are considered course texts.ã€€ Videos, forum posts, and supplemental information provided in assignment materials do not count as the texts.)
- Citations and references must support your assertions, validate your claims, and give weight to your ideas. They are not to be used in lieu of your ideas or as a substitute for your own original work.ã€€ All citations and references must germane to, and compliment, your own words.ã€€
- The total amount of cited material may not exceed 20% of the assignment’s total content; 80% of the assignment must be original work.
- Formatting must be consistent with APA requirements noted in the APA Sample Paper and any supplemental requirements noted inã€€ Mahoney’s Instructor’s Policies.
The following file(s) must be submitted for this assignment by clickingã€€the Assignment Files tab. Submissions made in formats other than those listed below will not be accepted for grading
- The assignment paper in MicrosoftÂ® WordÂ® format
- MicrosoftÂ® WordÂ® 2003/2007/2010/2013
- SkillsoftÂ® Link (Java for Skillsoft Skillport link)