1) Explain the background situation, including current and related patient or case information and other influencing factors related to the clinical decision. 2) Provide a clear description of the clinical decision making process incorporating the first seven of the eight stages of the clinical reasoning cycle (Levett-Jones, 2012).
Case Study Essay
The aim of this task is for you to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of clinical decision making
within the role of the Registered Nurse. The clinical reasoning cycle (Levett-Jones, 2012) will be utilised to
show the progression of your critical thinking process. Familiarisation with the clinical reasoning cycle will
support you to provide quality care and will provide a foundation for your next essay in this course.
You are to write an essay which uses the clinical reasoning cycle (Levett-Jones, 2012) to present a case
study of a clinical decision that you have been involved in. The clinical decision you select can be a
decision that went well or one with a negative outcome. You only need to discuss one example of a clinical
Examples of clinical decisions may include (but are not limited to):
? Responding to a change in the patient’s condition
? Care planning considering the patient’s present health status
? Reviewing planned patient interventions including medications
? Outcome from effective or ineffective communication
1) Explain the background situation, including current and related patient or case information and
other influencing factors related to the clinical decision.
2) Provide a clear description of the clinical decision making process incorporating the first seven of
the eight stages of the clinical reasoning cycle (Levett-Jones, 2012).
3) Explain the factors which influenced this clinical decision
4) Use literature where relevant to support the key points you make to demonstrate evidence based
? Always refer to the School of Nursing & Midwifery Writing and Referencing Guide for
formatting conventions and referencing guidelines
? Ensure that you use scholarly literature (digitised readings, research articles, relevant Government
reports and text books) that has been published within the last 5 years.
? Provide a clear introduction, sound body and conclusion to your paper.
Assessment Type: Case Study Essay – Assessment One
Word Count: 1000 words
? You may use headings to organise your work if you wish.
? The use of first person can be utilised in your writing.
? Use academic language throughout.
? Refer to the marking guidelines when writing your assignment. This will assist you in calculating
the weightings of the sections for your assignment.
? State your word count (excluding your reference list) on the Assignment Coversheet.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now